Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Kahn!

It's Ricardo Montalban's birthday! The man who made Star Trek more than camp, who taught us all about the satisfaction of having your needs fulfilled while reclining on soft Corinthian leather, and who made the fantasies of millions come true, apparently at $50k a pop (somehow I missed that fine point as a child).

I wish he had better roles than he's been getting lately, mostly in kids' fare, as I've always experienced a strange kind of calm wash over me at the sound of his rich Spanish accent. Hmm. I wonder if Fantasy Island is out on DVD yet...

Anyways, in honour of Ricardo's birthday, I give you... the Chihuahua Choo Choo.



And if that only whetted your appetite, here's a couple more famous Choo Choos. First, Glenn Miller, Dorothy Dandridge and the Nicholas Brothers take a ride to Chatanooga:



And who can forget old Louis Jordan's Boogie-Woogie train?



And to finish off in keeping with the hispanic theme, here's Carmen Miranda's take on the Chatanooga train:



More is sure to follow...

No comments: